Background on SpanishDict:
SpanishDict is the world's largest Spanish reference site, connecting more than 100 million visitors across the Spanish and English speaking worlds with fast, accurate translations. We’ve authored the Internet’s largest Spanish-English dictionary, used machine learning to intelligently provide accurate example sentences, and recorded tens of thousands of videos and audios files to help bring the languages to life. We are now looking for a talented leader that can combine sharp strategic and analytical thinking with outstanding management skills to drive higher revenue across our site.
What you’ll do:
• Identify and execute strategies to raise revenue.
• Analyze massive data sets to reveal new opportunities for growth.
• Optimize billions of programmatic ad impressions across numerous ad partners.
• Project manage multiple revenue-raising initiatives.
• Attend digital advertising industry events to stay atop emerging best practices.
Types of projects we work on:
• We architected and optimized a header bidding auction system to serve our ads to the highest paying bidder, on each impression, across all our pageviews.
• We measured the cost of in-banner video ads and decided to block them from our site to preserve a high-quality user experience.
• We applied a continuous experimentation approach to our auctions to identify the optimal price floors.
• We developed and shared a blueprint for minimizing ad auction latency, to create a more efficient ecosystem for publishers, advertisers, and users.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
• Extremely proficient quantitative and problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and team-building experience.
• Expert level skills in Excel or other data analytics tools.
• Ability to play quarterback across several different initiatives.
• Results-oriented mindset with a nose for identifying valuable projects.
Benefits and perks:
We offer a competitive salary and amazing benefits, including stock options, 401(k) contributions, great health insurance, flexible vacation, work-from-home-days, a budget for conferences and classes, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, Free Lunch Fridays, and a whole lot more.
To learn more and apply online, visit our carers site at http://www.curiositymedia.com/careers.